Scottish football’s venture into Monday night football ended with a day of carnage and drama as Celtic met Hibs in Glasgow.

On Sunday it was revealed that Celtic defender Christopher Jullien had tested positive for Covid-19 following a warm weather training trip to Dubai. The game was moved from Saturday to Monday to accommodate this.

Celtic v Hibernian - Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership

Action eventually got underway in Glasgow. (Photo by Rob Casey/SNS Group via Getty Images)

Hibs were also unaware at the time that the fixture had been moved back 48 hours. More chaos erupted when Celtic were then told 16 players and staff had to self-isolate through track and trace procedures.

It cast serious doubts over whether this one would be played or not, Hibs players having reservations over whether or not to take part. Things somehow took another turn as Celtic refused to re-test in order to give their visitors peace of mind.

So when the game did finally roll around at 7:45PM, it was far from the main talking point. It looked as if Celtic were going to win things with their depleted squad as David Turnbull sent a free-kick into the top corner, but Kevin Nisbet’s late leveller in stoppage time sealed a Hibees point.

Celtic v Hibernian - Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND – JANUARY 11: Kevin Nisbet celebrates after scoring to make it 1-1 during the Scottish Premiership match between Celtic and Hibernian at Celtic Park on January 11, 2021, in Glasgow, Scotland. (Photo by Ross MacDonald/SNS Group via Getty Images)

On a day where football was suspended beneath the Championship for three works and controversy erupted over the reigning champions, the football was never going to hit the backpage. But fans have still been giving their opinion on how things went at Parkhead.

NTOF now offers a YouTube channel featuring exclusive interviews, post-match discussion, in-depth debate, and much more – LIKE and SUBSCRIBE and don’t miss any of our videos.

Have something to tell us about this article?