Scotland manager Steve Clarke has agreed to take a wage cut as part of a mass cost-cutting exercise amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The 56-year-old is to slash his salary along with the chief executives of the SPFL and SFA, Neil Doncaster and Ian Maxwell.

The cuts will be 10%, while a number of employees from both governing bodies (over half at the SFA) are being furloughed while the game is on hold.

Clarke has agreed a wage cut (Photo by VIRGINIE LEFOUR/AFP via Getty Images)

It has been reported that £300,000-a-year Doncaster will actually be hit by a 30% reduction as all bonus payments and salary increases have been scrapped.

RONALDO NEEDS TO STOP WHINING.

Non-executive SPFL and SFA directors, including SFA president Rod Petrie, are to take cuts of 20% with the other 80% being deferred.

Workers that are being furloughed are being placed onto the government’s new job retention scheme, which allows employers to claim 80% of an individual’s wages up to £2500 every month.

SFA chief executive Maxwell’s salary will also be cut (Photo by Ian MacNicol/Getty Images)

The pandemic is now starting to see lots of clubs make moves to try and adapt to the unprecedented situation.

Hearts were one of the first clubs to implement wage cuts, while others have called on the help of their supporters to raise funds.

Have something to tell us about this article?